Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the most Frequently Asked Questions - please click on the individual questions to expand the text:
Loycal gives you a competitive edge allowing you to get many of your business and personal services at NO CASH COST to you.
Loycal is an online and offline networking platform that helps businesses sell their excess capacity and downtime, saving and making companies $1000s every month in multiple ways:
1. You can sell your excess inventory or services to other Loycal members, and you get paid in "Loycal Dollars" - or Loycal Credits
2. You will be able to spend your Loycal Credits to acquire the products or services offered by other Loycal members, helping you preserve your hard-earned cash.
For example, if in the past you spent $1500 per month on advertising, printing, cleaning, landscaping, etc., now you'll be able to keep the $1500 in your pocket and utilize your Loycal Credits to pay for most or all of those expenses.
Here are a few examples of the services and products Loycal members spend their Loycal Credits on:
- legal services
- IT services
- personal care services
- beauty salons
- and many more
- carpet cleaning
- pest control
- interior design
- t-shirt printing
- employee incentives
- employee health and wellness packages
- dental services
- and many many more...
Contact Us to request info on how we can help you connect with our Asheville area members; as well as sell nationally and internationally to businesses that need your products or services.
There are several:
- Loycal introduces you to new businesses and allows you to expand your market beyond your current customers. We will connect you with local, national, and international clients who want your products and services
- Loycal conserves your cash. Instead of spending your cash to purchase needed goods and services, you can convert your own goods and services into "Revenu Credits" to buy the things you need, keeping more cash in your pocket.
- Loycal puts idle resources to work. Excess time, excess inventory, and excess capacity are converted into needed goods and services.
- Move Unsold Inventory Faster - Use Loycal online and offline whenever you need to make a transaction.
- Become part of a vast network of businesses - large and small - in your area, in the U.S. and around the world.
Businesses use Loycal instead of cash to handle their transactions. If a Loycal member sells one thousand dollars worth of products to another Loycal member, he will receive one thousand dollars in Loycal Credits which can be used to purchase anything from our other Loycal members. Restaurant meals, advertising, printing, landscaping, self-care services (massage, beauty salon, etc.), hotel rooms in most major cities, as well as thousands of other products and services can be obtained through our sister-marketplaces all over the nation. We are simply a third-party business connector & record keeper, sending monthly statements to all members, showing their purchases, sales, and current balance.
Nationally over 300,000 businesses have been involved in the industry. Major corporations include Xerox, Mattel, IBM, National Semiconductor, Chrysler, Hilton Hotels, Shell Oil, Goodyear Tire, General Electric, Fairchild Camera, Spaulding, Douglass Aircraft and countless others. It is estimated that 75% of the Fortune 500 companies engage in mutual clearing to one degree or another.
A list of our largest local members can be provided at your request.
Loycal was originally established in 2002 and was one of the largest, oldest, and most stable Virtual Currency systems in the country.
Loycal has also earned a reputation for hard work, honesty, and reliability. It is always open to feedback and suggestions to help us establish policies and processes which protect our members' interests and help to insure a stable economy.
Loycal was launched by Gary Field and E.G. Sebastian.
Gary Field has over 30 years experience in sales, marketing, and management, in both retail and corporate environments. He has held positions from Sales Manager to CEO, and worked in leadership positions for Fortune 100 companies..
Gary launched multiple successful businesses and was recognized by Forbes Magazine as the owner of one of the top 5 companies in America worthy of investment and has been featured in Forbes, Fox News, Wall Street Journal, ABC News, CNN, and multiple other media.
A father of three and happily married, Gary is also an avid pool player and former track champion. Contact him at gField[at]Loycal.com to say Hi to him or ask a question about Loycal.com
The problem with exchanging your products or services directly with other business is referred to as the incidence of coincidence, which means that each business must want what the other has to offer AND be of equal value, which is often very hard to accomplish.
In our system, however, everyone can transact with anyone regardless who they want transact with. Loycal Credit can be spent just like money on items everyone needs and often wants.
When Loycal does not have something a member needs, it is our job to find it for them, whenever possible. As new businesses are invited to join Loycal, we only approach those who can fill the needs of our current members. To get the most benefit from your membership, each business is asked to give us as large a list as possible of its current and future needs. Loycal can never fill every need, but a large enough list will usually allows everyone to spend their Loycal effectively.
There are three main ways to spend your Loycal Credits:
- Brows the offers of the other members through our Marketplace - Click HERE!
- Send us a detailed list of your needs - think of everything that you'd spend your cash on. He should not limit himself to worrying about one or two single purchases. He needs to look at his business check book for the last six months as a memory aid and think, too, of his personal needs. If he regularly takes cash out of the business for personal living, travel, home improvements, etc., why shouldn't he take out the barter income instead and save the cash for products and services the barter network cannot so easily acquire?
As a Loycal Member, you should only sell in proportion to your ability to spend the Loycal Credits you earn!
For example, if you only need $5000 per month in expenses - such as, cleaning supplies, accounting, landscaping, massage, etc. - then you should not sell much more than $5000/Month of your products or services.
If you sell products or services that are in high demand, it may be necessary to limit your selling activity. The best way to do so is to have us manage the flow of business that comes in. When you reach your max sales limit, we will stop referring new customers until you are ready to resume selling.
This problem should only be temporary if your products or services are in demand.
The amount of business a member receives, however, will depend upon the particular type of business along with normal supply and demand factors. If a you are not generating as much business as you want, Loycal may also be able to help. We are concerned about balancing supply and demand as carefully as possible. We will also help everyone promote their products or services to other members.
If you find yourself not generating sales*, Contact Us and we'll promote your product or service to local and national members; as well as we'll solicit new companies in need of your product or service.
* At your request we'll also pause your monthly fees till we find you business
Yes. Printing, for example, that might be done in five days for cash, might take ten to fifteen days for Loycal. Service businesses must give priority to their cash business. Trading represents that extra business used to fill the sporadic lulls in business activity. This situation is not really a disadvantage to the trader if he does not expect to use Loycal for emergencies. Careful advance planning, along with patience, is required to make trading a pleasant and profitable experience.
Saving credits in order to purchase a very specific high-demand item can only frustrate and discourage a member.
To get the most benefit from Loycal, you should provide our staff with as large and as diverse a list of your needs as possible. It's best to utilize your Loycal for offers that are readily available, and NOT save for something that might* or might not ever become available.
* Some of our members with high-demand services or products will put a limit on how much they offer they make available to other members within a month or per year (massage therapists, chiropractors, dentists, etc.) - providers who can only take a limited amount of clients; or producers of goods who can create only a limited number of their products. This also often applies to companies that sell higher-priced products (auto sales, real estate, computers, etc.).
Here are some ideas for you:
- Many members use their Loycal to pay employee bonuses. Some even pay employees a portion of their regular salaries in Loycal. At your request, we will set up employee sub-accounts and will assist your employees in spending their Loycal as advantageously as possible. The employees, of course, need not pay your transaction fees. This can be paid by the member when credit is transferred to any employee's sub-account.
- It is also possible to pay some bills with Loycal. We can help a member's creditors spend their Loycal Credit on the goods and services they need just as we would help his employees. Paying bills with your Virtual Credits is just one more creative way to use trade credit.
- Loycal can be used to help clear past-due accounts receivable. A creditor of a member who is unable to pay the money they owe might be willing to pay through our system with their products or services. If these products or services are acceptable to Loycal, we will purchase them and credit our member with the transaction. That member can then use that credit to obtain needed goods and services.
- Home and Office Services:
- Lawn care
- pest control
- and more... Take a look at our Professional Services and other categories
- Personal-Care Services:
- massage therapy
- beauty salons
- and many more... Take a look at our Health & Fitness and other categories
According to our company policy, any client who quits Loycal and has a positive balance will be given six months* to spend their credit balance. Any client with a negative balance will have to pay back in products or services of the value they owe. If they cannot pay in products or services, they'll have to pay in US Dollars.
* Extensions will be granted to clients special circumstances.
Loycal income is the same as cash income for tax purposes. There are no inherent tax advantages or disadvantages. Using Loycal should be considered a marketing tool, not a tax tool. As with cash income, however, Loycal purchases that are business-related are also tax deductible.
At the end of the year Loycal totals your sales and submits this information to the IRS on form 1099B. We also provide each member with a copy of this form for your records.
Essentially the market determines pricing just as it would for cash. Where the seller has sufficient margin, he is expected to trade his goods and services for barter at the same price as he would sell them for cash. Where margins are tight, a seller is allowed to adjust his price to manufacturer's list price. Such a situation regularly occurs with electronic items such as television sets and copiers. In some cases regular prices are retained but cash is mixed in to increase a dealer's narrow margin. Loycal frequently publishes guidelines on this issue. By accepting or rejecting prices, Loycal's members act as the ultimate authority in pricing integrity.
In those rare instances where the product or service price is higher than the cash price, consider how much you actually invested to acquire your Loycal credit held in your account.
If the member is in a service-related business, the credit may only cost him his idle time. It will often be less expensive to pay full retail price with Loycal than to get the same article at a discount for cash. Seasoned members are always aware of this difference and use it to their advantage.
On the other hand, if someone overprices his products or services beyond a reasonable limit, no one should do business with them, and should call our office for another referral.
Yes. You should only sell what you want to sell. The idea of Loycal is to move excess inventory or that inventory which gives you an advantageous profit margin.
However take care not to promise anything without first checking on its availability with Loycal.
For example, if you want to purchase a $10,000 car from a non-member, you can ask the non-member auto dealer if he would accept goods and or services (available from Loycal members) for the down payment. If the dealer accepts, and if Loycal has what the dealer wants, the trade can be made.
Clients are always encouraged to negotiate at least a small trade component for purchases with non-client businesses. We are always willing to assist you in putting any special trade together.
You may spend your Loycal Credits with any member of any exchange organization that belongs to our international credit clearing systems. Thus, you gain access to the products and services of literally thousands of businesses across the globe.
However - with some of these organizations - arrangements must be made in advance through our office.
When you are ready to join, contact us and we'll set up a meeting (video call or phone) and we'll sign you up*.
* We only accept businesses in "good standing." We want to make sure that we accept only businesses with good reputation and commitment to excellence.
During our meeting, as part of the sign-up process, we' will ask you what you want to sell and how much of it; as well as how you want to spend your Revenu Credits. Our staff will walk you through your first sale and continue to suggest ways for you to spend your Revenu.